Thursday, September 06, 2012

Finger Lakes - North Shore


This is the lake I have been doing most of my open water swim training in.   (I have not swam in a pool in years.)  It is almost exactly one quarter of a mile long so if I swim 2 laps that gives me the 1.2 miles I need to be practicing because that is the distance I will swim when I race.

Given the super dry summer we have had, the water is a bit low, but this lake is in better shape than most.  The water is still pretty clear and I really enjoy my swims here.

Because my schedule is so hectic I have been venturing out to the lake at lunch time for my swim practice.  Usually no one is there so I have the whole place to myself and the sun is up high in the sky so it is very pleasant.

When I was a child learning to swim we were not taught to bi-lateral breath so this summer that was one of the first things I started practicing and I am happy to say that it is now a habit and I feel totally comfortable doing it.

I don't think I will ever LOVE swimming, but I really don't mind it at all.  It's just a little boring.

No comments: