Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Race #3

I gave Allia two instructions before her race tonight. One was to run hard and stay with the little girl in the blue shirt with the long black pony tail (the girl that won the last two weeks). The other was to not slow down or pose if she saw me taking photos; that I wanted a photo of her running hard so she needed to run harder if she saw me.

It was super hot out so the kids did a shorter warm up. Then I helped her line up for her race and told her to go when it started. Allia went out front right away and the blue top girl was on her heels.




About half way around Allia was 6 feet in front of the other girl and slowed down so she could catch up. Evidently she took me literally when I said stay with the other girl. LOL On the last stretch I took this photo and then yelled at her to keep running and to run hard.



This week, my Bean crossed the finish line first!! Only by a foot but she really did outrun the competition. I am so proud of her dedication to running these races. I don’t think she knows the difference between coming in 1st or 3rd. She just knows she is running hard and fast and is happy to do so.


No comments: