Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Saturday 6 am……….10 mile run with the Uprise group…..felt good especially considering the heat. No Garmin but I’m pretty sure it was around an 8:50 pace or even a bit better. Malcolm watched Beanie for me because James had left to go do a boat race with Slebos.

From 10-12a Malcolm, Allia and I went to the beach at Stephen’s Lake Park. We had a great time. BUT, now my car is FULL of sand!!!


Nap time was great. What will I do when she is too old to nap and I still want to?

Daddy arrived home Saturday evening and informed us that they had won the boat race by a huge margin.


Sunday morning we gave Daddy his present (new swim trunks) and a store bought card. (Beanie did NOT want to make one.) She did sign her name on the inside and write DADDY on the envelope. Daddy was very happy.

Next I went for a big 40 mile bike ride and explored some new roads out by the river (Wilton). The hills were killer but it was so much fun!

Next was nap time…..OMG I love nap time.

After naps I did some chores and we all settled in for a quiet evening at home. Daddy’s arms were so sore from his race that he could barely move. He hasn’t been training for boat racing lately.

Daddy also put up a new swing for Bean out in the yard.      Very nice weekend!



No comments: