Saturday, July 09, 2011

SATURDAY

My busy Saturday started at 4:45 a.m. when I woke up and prepared for a group bike ride. The ride started at 6 a.m. which was fine with me since we are having a heat wave here in the Midwest. The 23 mile ride was awesome, the route was hilly and my legs got a great workout.

Next I was off to the gym to do my usual BodyPump class but today was special because they were launching a new release. There was a great turn out and it was super fun. However, my legs were a bit angry by the time this workout was over.

At the gym we met our friends Brenda & Ed and they gave Alli a wonderful gift of their home made Barbie doll house and their (now grown up) daughters Barbie doll collection. Alli was very excited to receive such a lovely gift. We packed it in the SUV and drove home filled with excitement.






Next we had planned on going to the pool, but Allia declared she was too tired and wanted to take a nap. I fed her a snack and hoped she would perk up but she was just a grumpy mess. I called Julia to see if we could reschedule the swim date and she said no problem lets go AFTER naps.

Next, my little girl went all by herself and climbed in her bed and took her nap. I was left standing in the kitchen wondering if I was actually still awake!
When she woke up around 1:30 we got dressed and happily joined Julia and Taylor at the pool for some fun in the sun.






After swimming it was home for dinner and then we started talking about how much fun it is going to be to “remodel” the doll house. I needed to run to Target anyway so Allia joined me and picked out this bathroom vanity for the doll house.



No comments: