Sunday, September 05, 2010

Mostly Bikes





Sunday morning I met Terry in the parking lot of where I work and we did a 35 mile road ride. We were thrilled when almost ¾ of the route had brand new black top. It was like butter………so smooooth. (Rt. HH, OO and old 124) After the ride we sat in the parking lot and visited for while. The weather was just perfect and we were really enjoying being outside.

When I got home, James left to go paddle his little tippy boat up a stinky old creek and I spent some time playing with my sweet little Bean. After nap time, I packed up the toddler and we met Daddy at the Scott Blvd. trail head and biked out to Coopers Landing for a little Thai food for dinner. While we were there we ran into our friend, Tony, who was on his way back from St. Louis. He had been biking all day long on the Katy Trail. He ate with us and then headed for Columbia where he said he planned to order a pizza as soon as he got home. I am sure he was in need of the calories. It is about 100 miles from St. Louis to Columbia.




We made it back to the car just as the sun was setting for a total of 20 miles. So MY total for the day was 55 miles.

I just love that!


No comments: