Saturday, January 16, 2010

Today, James and Allia did a day trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Kansas City. So, I had the whole day to myself to do whatever I wanted.

After helping them get on their way, I tidied up the house, which is extra fun when there is not a 2 year old wrecking it as fast you are tidying it, and went to the gym. I did my favorite BodyPump class from 9:30 to 10:30 (weight lifting to music). On the way home, I picked up a few supplies at Wal-Mart. I arrived home right at 11 and turned on NPR to This American Life. While I listened, I chopped up celery, carrots and potatoes and added them to my crock pot and ate lunch. I just love doing chores and listing to T.A.L. This week’s program was really good. You can check it out at NPR.org.

Next, I went in to the office for a few hours. I worked on some year-end projects AND organized the supply closet while no one was looking (I’m compulsive like that).

Around 4, I picked up Zoe and we headed to the music store to pick up Jackson, her new saxophone (yes, she names all her stuff). He looked GREAT!!! The repair guy at The Music Suite is really good. When we purchased this instrument we knew it needed some repairs, which is the only reason we could afford such a nice saxophone.

We then ran my car through the car wash. OMG it needed it so bad, nothing like cinders and melting snow to make the world a dirty, black mess. We also wanted to rent some chick flicks to watch since it was just us two girls, but we found the Movie Gallery closest to my house was GONE, closed down, empty. So, we doubled back and went to the Block Buster Video store by Zoe’s house, which was annoying, but nothing compared to the drive we would have had to endure if we still lived in St. Louis and wanted to find even the first movie rental store. You see, it is all about perspective.

We rented Bride Wars, which was entertaining and fun. We also rented 9, a Tim Burton animated thing. It was good too, but there was just too much shooting and destroying for my tastes; monsters chasing and killing through the whole thing. However, the little human soul creatures were sure endearing.

Today Zoe and I went by my friend Craig’s house to pick up another saxophone. This was his sax in high school and college and he is letting Zoe borrow it for marching band so Jackson does not get hurt. Isn’t that nice of him? I sure have some cool friends. Zoe’s old sax (Sylvia) is so old and broken down that she is going to be retired to the closet for a while.

Here is Jackson and King (Craig’s saxophone)

No comments: