Friday, January 22, 2010


Today, Allia came to work with me. Cherie was missing her and it is Friday so I figure she could come and visit for an hour or so and then she would be hot to get to school.

Well....no such luck. She decided she was having fun here and did not want to go to school. She was being good so I let her stay a while longer. I assumed she would eventually get bored and decide to go to school.

Well...no such luck. It was getting later and later and she was still being good and saying she wanted to stay. I had not planned to keep her all day so I was not prepared to do so. I did not have a place for her to take a nap nor did I pack a lot of diapers. But I hated to MAKE her go to school if she was behaving here and did not want to leave.

I called her Daddy to tell him what was going on and he offered to come pick her up. I knew that if Daddy arrived then leaving with him would be fine with her.

He showed up right before noon and Allia happily left with him and promptly fell fast asleep in the car despite his best efforts to keep her awake.





1 comment:

CaraBee said...

Those unintended car naps are the worst. Especially when the desired transfer to bed/crib doesn't work and they wake up raring to go. The tenor of the whole afternoon is messed up.