Thursday, July 23, 2009


This evening Zoe had a band concert. All week long she has been attending a special summer band program and this was the grand finale. (She missed practice last week because she was at volleyball camp. The girl keeps busy!) Luckily on the way over, Alli fell asleep in the car so I was happy to sit in the parking lot and let her sleep as long as possible(rested Alli is a much better behaved girl). At the last minute, I snatched her from the back seat and headed into the high school auditorium. The concert band was just starting…….my timing was perfect. They played a few songs and we could barely see Zoe in the big group of kids. Next the beginner jazz band played three songs and did a pretty good job. Then the advanced jazz band got on stage and Sissy was right in front of this smaller group of students. Alli waved at her over and over again. By now, Alli was getting a bit bored sitting on my lap so I let her down on the floor. She then started to dance in the aisle to the groovy jazz music. She was twirling and doing her fast feet and everyone was watching her and smiling so big. She was so very cute. I think everyone secretly wanted to get up and join her it looked like she was having so much fun. Sissy did a great job considering she had ½ the practice of the other kids and she looked so nice in her “big bow” dress. Later she told me she just loves jazz band so much. We had the best evening and I left feeling so happy and proud of my girls.

No comments: