Saturday, August 11, 2007

8-11-07
What am I up to?...about 150 pounds!! Yea, I am freaking out about that, but what ya gonna do?
This morning I did the Krak ride. I completed a little over 30 miles of fairly flat, darn slow, road biking. I am used to my weight now so that is not bothering me on the bike. Today, though, for the first time, I was feeling short on air. The baby is big enough to actually be squishing my lungs a bit making it harder for me to breathe at times. I can be sitting still and not get enough air, so obviously biking could cause a problem. I found that most of the ride I was fine. It was just a few miles that I suffered the “can’t breathe” sensation. Maybe she moved for a while and that made it worse. I think this breathing thing is only going to get worse, not better, until she is born. Oh well, only 7 more weeks to go……….but who’s counting!

I followed up the ride with a large frozen coffee drink called the Road Warrior. Yea, I ordered it just because I like the name. It is “Our famous blended mocha blended with real Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans.” After chilling at the coffee house with my homies, I biked home and took a shower and a nap. The baby likes to take a nap.

I plan on spending the rest of the day working. It is 100 degrees in the shade outside so it is a great time to try and get my work caught up. I admit to being behind. Life is a bit hectic at the moment. I have a doctor appointment every week now and on top of that there are other things to tend to as well. For example, last Friday I had to get my car fixed. When I dropped it off they said it would only take 30 minutes so I went in the waiting room and read a stupid magazine. About a half an hour later, the nice man comes in to inform me that they had to send for a part and that it would be at least another 30 minutes; “just take me to work already!”. Also, I am working on getting my house ready to sell. We are living at James’ house. It is smaller, but cheaper and with a new baby about to suck up our funds, the cheaper seemed like the best idea. Besides, he can get cable or DSL internet and my house, being out in the country, has no such amenities. Malcolm is stuck sharing a bedroom with the office and Zoe and the baby will be sharing a room. Since M&Z only stay over 2 or 3 days a week, I think they can handle not having a whole room all to themselves. Besides, sharing is a good lesson.

Other news:

James, Malcolm and I have been watching the Sopranos on DVD. We completed season 2 but have had a hard time finding season 3 to rent. The stores around here either don’t carry it or it is always checked out. It is driving me crazy……….I need my Tony fix.

Last Wednesday, while doing our weekly ultrasound, the tech lady and I saw the baby holding her toes. Now that was cute! She let go before we could take a picture, darn it.

Malcolm is gearing up for football season and has had daily practices all summer. Zoe hosted a Japanese foreign exchange student this summer and is looking forward to her turn to go to Japan next summer. Izzy is still recovering from a bladder infection that required her to spend the night at the vet. She was EXTREMELY mad about that.

James recently purchased a new road bike it is a Toyota-United Team Issue Bike 2006.
Features:
• Easton EC90SL fork
• Cane Creek IS-2i headset
• Easton EC70 two bolt stem
• Eaton EC90 all carbon seat post
• Full Shimano Dura Ace 7800 ten speed group
• Easton EC90 handlebar with white Easton cork
• Easton Orion II wheelset with Vittoria Rubino Pro tires - 12-25 cassette

4 comments:

Brian said...

Your baby sounds like she's going to be a real cutey (aren't they all) when she eventually makes her debut. It's so exciting!

Redhead Editor said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog to wish me a Happy Birthday. As a Virgo, you will be celebrating one soon, too. How did you find me? And do you really know Don Corwin? I just saw him at a b'day party for a mutual friend and had not seen him in 30 years. Small world. This is sort of freaking me out. E-mail me, Okay?

Andy Emerson said...

You are the most amazing pregnant person I have known riding 30 miles!

I bet your house sells quickly. It's unique in that it is in a nice country setting.

Only 7 more weeks! I hope you found a jogging stroller! We can all take turns pushing the baby! Uh, just kidding, but it will be a good workout.

Judith Kaufman said...

Hey Ellen, (redhead editor), I don't remember how I started reading your blog. I have been reading for a long time. Yes, I know Don & Sherry Corwin thru the CMC multisport club. They are great people. Love to work out and hang out with them.

I am dreading my birthday.......I really hate getting older. AND, I hate that I hate it. Seems like I get older and the rest of the world does not. Seems like no one wants an old women....only young beautiful ones. UGH