Saturday, January 23, 2010

GOOD BYE ANSELLE

This morning, Malcolm and Zoe’s dad, Randy, called me to tell me that their dog, Anselle has cancer and will have to be put to sleep. Anselle used to be my dog, but a few years ago, when the kids started begging their Dad for a dog, I thought it would be better to transfer one of mine to their house rather than get another, new dog. Malcolm was particularly fond of her and I knew he would take it the hardest. It broke my heart when my big 17 year old boy called me crying like a baby after he heard the news.

I got Anselle as a puppy in the summer of 2002. She is a purebred Australian Shepherd. I wanted a female dog, but wanted to name her Ansel, after Ansel Adams. I decided to go ahead and use the name but to girly up the spelling.

When she was a little puppy, still getting potty trained, she used to sleep in bed with me. Later, when she got bigger and hairier, she slept at the foot of my bed every night. She was a good dog; very smart and loyal. We will miss you Anselle.


Anselle at 4 weeks old.

Anselle, Yamina and my renters dog Charlie.

making herself comfortable
After a grooming one spring.
Looking very furry.

My best photos are not on the computer because they pre-date my digital photo days!

No comments: