Sunday, November 08, 2009



This evening, we dropped Allia at Zoe’s house so we could go to the Ragtag Cinemacafé and see the new Cohen Brothers film A Serious Man. I really enjoyed this film and laughed a lot. The movie is set in the 60s and they did an excellent job of capturing the feel and style of the times. However, the movie frustrated me by having an ending that left you hanging and confused. The theme of the movie is “Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.”...... a rather philosophical statement that does not lend itself to a neat conclusion. It totally reminds me of Woody Allen movies and I am wondering why no one else has brought that up.

It was really cool to get out of the house and go to a movie with my husband. This is something we do not do enough of and we have vowed to make an effort to be more sociable and have more of a “life”. We were shocked that the movie tickets were $9 each if that says anything about how long it has been since we went out to a movie. We had not seen the new Ragtag since they moved well over a year ago.

The best news is that Zoe did an excellent job at babysitting. When we came at 8:30 to pick Allia up, Zoe proclaimed that all had gone well and that she never cried at all. I am really proud of both of them.

Zoe gave me these photos of her babysitting experience.











No comments: