Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Turn

I got up early like I always do and ate some toast to prepare for my 8 am trail run. Not too long after I finished my toast my tummy felt a little upset. I took note because Beanie had just been sick.

I decided to go to my run and give it a try; if I felt sick I could always quit. I ended up running the whole 5 miles and I didn’t feel bad at all. However, back at the parking lot one of the runners was sharing some Chex mix and I had a few nibbles. Soon my tummy was unhappy again. Mmmm?

I had packed my mountain bike along thinking I might just ride a bit since I was out in the woods anyway but decided it would be prudent to rest my legs (ran 13 yesterday) and give my stomach a break too.

I didn’t have to be home until noon so I changed into some street clothes and finally got my chance to make a quick trip to the BIG Target. Once I got to Jeff City I had to locate the Target store because I didn’t know where it was! Feeling smart, I found it in no time and it was glorious. A real big, new, clean, well stocked Target that was way better than ours. I vowed to get down there more often to go shopping. Oh yea, and they had what I was looking for. HAPPY FACE

Next I decided to drop by work and check message and upload some photos. I had not been to work on Friday and had some time to kill so it was a practical choice to play a little catch-up before Monday hit me like a ton of bricks. On the drive back I decided that I really really wanted a McDonalds Hazelnut Latte. I knew I was flirting with disaster given how my stomach was behaving but I did it anyway. Yea, I know, crazy!! (It was delicious!).

At noon I picked up my Bean from Malcolm and Zoe and headed home. By the time I got to my house I was sure I was going to puke. I warned husband to not get too chummy as the Bean and I checked into bed. I felt so nauseous that I could not fall asleep. I was ready to bolt to the bathroom at any second. I did my best to lie VERY still so I would not jiggle my very unhappy tummy.

I laid there watched cooking shows on Create (we don’t have cable or satellite TV) and after a few hours started to feel slightly better. My legs were starting to get really sore and crampy from all the running followed by too much resting. I decided to get up and stretch a bit and then nibbled some rice Chex. Of course, those made me feel sick to my stomach again so I went back to bed. Then my legs started to really ache. This was not going well. If I got up my stomach killed me and if I laid down, my legs revolted. Actually, both my legs and stomach were just miserable no matter what.

I spent the balance of the day in bed until my legs just HAD to move and then I would walk around for a bit. By 8 or nine I was still not hungry but my body was kind of falling apart for need of food so I made some chicken noodle soup. I am happy to report that is stayed down and I even managed to swallow some Ibuprophen which went a long way towards making my legs feel somewhat acceptable which allowed me to actually fall asleep and finally recuperate.

No comments: