Sunday, June 27, 2010

Home Alone


This weekend James went to Kansas City to do a boat race with Slebos. Allia tagged along to visit with Grandma and Grandpa and I stayed home to enjoy some free time.

Friday night I met Julia for dinner at Tellers. After a really yummy spinach salad, we got Yogoluv for desert. Then we pretty much just hung out downtown and enjoyed a really pretty summer evening.

Saturday morning, Terry and I met at 5:30 a.m. and did a 32 mile road bike ride with plenty of hills. After our ride, we hit the coffee shop and I indulged myself with a big blueberry muffin.

Later in the day I took my Homey (Schwinn Homegrown mountain bike) out to Rockbridge and road a lap. It was hot and my legs were tired and part of the trail is in terrible shape, but I was still really glad to get out there.

Saturday evening I took Zoe out for a special belated birthday dinner. We tried a new Japanese restaurant downtown and were a bit disappointed. We then got us some Yogoluv! We also went to Thai Kitchen and said hi to Malcolm who was working in the kitchen.

Sunday morning I did the weekly grocery shopping and cooking. My family finally returned to me in the mid afternoon. Alli and I hugged for 10 minutes! We spent the rest of the day relaxing and playing.

I have dumbbells that I work out with at home once in a while. Allia always wants to participate so this weekend I got her a couple of her very own 2 pound weights.


No comments: