Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A New Adventure

Tonight I took the girls to the mall, mainly to buy Zoe some new shorts for volleyball. On the way there, I remember that I had some coupons for the carousel in my purse. I pulled them out and saw no expiration date so I told Beanie that we could ride a horse after we got done shopping.

When we got to the food court I was relieved to see the carousel was running so we purchased ZoĆ« some dinner and got her settled at a table near the carousel then Allia and I got in line for the next ride. Once we got loaded, I stood by her and told her to hold on to the pole. She carefully did exactly as she was told. She is very good at trusting mommy to tell her what to do when she is in an unfamiliar situation. As the carousel started to move and her horse started to rise, she tightened her grip down and her eyes doubled in size. It was all I could do not to laugh at her. She was watching me carefully for a read out on if things were ok and I assured her everything was fine. She had this concerned, intent look on her face and I was worried she was just scared to death. I asked her if she was scared and she told me she was not. I told her to wave at Sissy as we passed Zoe. It wasn’t long before she loosened up a bit and started to smile. She really did enjoy the ride. When the ride finally stopped she was disappointed and asked to do it again. So after we helped Zoe finish her dinner, Zoe took her for a ride and I stood on the side and waved each time they passed me.

I sure wish I would have had my camera along!!!

No comments: