Monday, July 12, 2010

Life is the Pits

Today I made a cherry pie.
I have made them before (not recently) so making the pie was no big deal. The big deal was pitting all the cherries by hand!



My friend Patrick said he had a bunch of cherries that I could have if I would bake him a pie. He thought there would be enough for two pies so it would be a win – win situation. Well, after I happily agreed to make the pies, I found out the cherries had not been pitted yet. So on Sunday, I put on an old shirt and went to work. Man it was a mess!


In the long run I did not have enough cherries to make two pies but that was OK. Patrick got a whole pie, minus two pieces (one for me and one for James) and we ate the balance of the fresh cherries as ice cream topping. They were wonderful.



No comments: