Saturday, June 12, 2010

Projects


Today’s big project was the Trekking for Kids 10K with all proceeds going to benefit orphaned children living in Guatemala. My friend and running buddy Karla Diaz put the race on and it was a really good time. Terry gave me a friendly challenge that he would beat me which I took seriously so I kicked his butt.

Here we are at the start. Terry is in front with purple top and wild Newton brand shoes. Julie has on the blue shorts. I have my tongue out...classy I know. The younger girl behind me (4520) is named Julia. I ran with her for a while and she was very cool. She is going into 6th grade and ran the 5K. She won an I-pod!


Zoe and Olivia minded the Bean while I was out running.


Post race pic....Terry, Judi, Karla and Julie.
It was super hot and muggy out, it even rained on us some.


Being a good girl in her underpants ALL DAY with NO accidents!!!
::

The next project was some cooking and baking so we picked up supplies on the way home from the race. I made a fantastic Mexican stew for our household weekly grub and the girls baked peanut butter blossom and chewy chocolate cookies. I also made some of my breakfast cupcakes.


Had to put them in the fridge because they were trying to melt.


No comments: