Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday 6-5-07

This morning, I got up at 5 and did my usual morning run at 5:30. I hooked up with the “C” group which worked out fine, however the run was hard and it hurt a lot. I am packing 10-12 extra pounds and that really kicks your ass on a 5.5 mile run with hills. After the run I weighed myself and I was horrified. At the rate I am going, I will be 176 pounds by the time this baby arrives. Now I have never gotten that large in my whole life; not even when pregnant with the other kids so I do not think it will really happen, however, for the last month I just keep adding weight like crazy. I did not gain a pound for the first 3 months and was feeling very positive about the prospect of staying a healthy weight. Now I am freaking out. I really, really need to stop the madness. So while I was getting ready for work, I drank a big glass of water and vowed to stall on eating breakfast as long as possible. I mean really, I have to do something different. Normally, not eating is a matter of will power, but lately, when I try to eat less, I get so hungry I can’t bare it. This morning as I drove Zoe to school, I started to feel ill from not eating. I started to get a bit queasy. I thought “mind over matter…..you are strong………you are fine”. Then I felt desperate. I dug around in my purse and found a special K bar and ate it in the car, hoping it would settle my stomach. Moments later I felt even worse. I had waited too long to eat and now my pregnant body was going to make me pay. I pulled over to the side of the road and told Zoe I was going to puke. She looked thoroughly shocked. I went over the grass and gagged and barfed for what seemed like an eternity. It was a lot of liquid and a chewed up slightly blue cereal bar. Not the worst thing I ever threw up to be sure. I finally got control and got the girl to school. This is the first time I have thrown up since becoming pregnant. Hope it is the last.

On a positive note, I had a good night last night at pottery class. Last time I went, I was tired and crabby and could not get my clay to center to save my life. Last night, I trimmed one pot and it turned out better than expected and I threw another bowl and I tried real hard to get thinner, more refined sides. I think it is my best work yet and I am pleased to see I am making progress. Really, the whole pottery wheel thing is a lot harder than it looks. I have a whole new appreciation for anyone who is capable of throwing large pitchers and the like.
Here is some work from my favorite pottery artist George Ohr.





No comments: