Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kids are not cheap....at ANY age!

Today, Zoe kept sending me links to cars for sale on Craigslist. First she sent me a Subaru wagon that was listed for $3000. I told her no way…..too much. Next was an old VW bug. I didn’t even look at the price I just lectured her on how older cars have no safety features so she would not be driving one. Next she sent me a link to a $700 Honda Civic. My reply “that’s more like it.” I then had to tell her there was NO WAY we were rushing out to buy her a car anytime soon….maybe for her 16th birthday.

Then, Malcolm said he needed an oil change. I said fine and instructed him to head up to the Jiffy Lube and to call me when they put his car in and I would come up with my credit card to pay. (It is located about a mile from my office.) On the drive up I remember that they will try and sell him a filter and stuff. I phoned him to warn him and tell him to say NO. It was too late, he had already said OK. They replaced his brake light and another light and the air filter or something like that. At the checkout I was presented with a $71 charge. Wahhhh.


No comments: